Insurance, Regulatory and Corporate Law
Our Corporate, Insurance and Regulatory Practice Group offers legal advice and representation in a diverse range of corporate law, regulatory and insurance matters.
We have a sound familiarity with the different approaches taken by Government regulators in the performance of their statutory functions. When facing a complaint, investigation or a prosecution, it is important to consult an experienced practitioner who has an awareness of the desired regulatory outcomes and the various alternatives available to achieve that result.
We can assist in the following areas:
- Fraud and Deception matters, including investigations by ASIC into suspected corporate fraud;
- Advice in regard to business structures including partnerships, trusts and companies;
- Business names and company registrations;
- Advice on legislative requirements, including corporate structure, governance and compliance;
- Our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team can assist with corporate and commercial litigation, including Court representation – we have particular experience representing businesses defending unfair preference claims brought against them by company liquidators; and
- Our Law At Work employment law practice group can advise on non-contentious areas of employment including employment contracts and confidentiality agreements, employee entitlements, employee misconduct, sham contracting (employee and contractor issues generally) and drafting all manner of employment policies and procedures; and
- Preparing and advising on loan agreements
Contact us to arrange a complimentary discussion with an experienced corporate lawyer.